As I begin to do more and more forensic malware analyses, it’s always good to know what kind of training opportunities are available. Here is a list of professional courses (for the UK) along with some free online courses. Please let me know in the comments section if you know of any more. I know there are lots of other professional courses for the USA etc, but I’d like to keep this focused on the UK.
Professional courses & qualifications
- 7Safe’s Certified Malware Investigator
- SANS FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
Free Online Courses
- Open Security Training Beginner’s course – Malware Dynamic Analysis
- Open Security Training Advanced course – Reverse Engineering Malware
- SecurityXploded – Reverse Engineering & Malware Analysis Training
- SecurityXploded – Advanced Malware Analysis Training
- PenTester Lab – Exercises on how common vulnerabilities are exploited
- SANS: Finding Unknown Malware
- SANS: Malware Analysis Essentials using REMnux
- SANS: Windows Kernel Exploitation and Command & Control Malware
- SANS: Introduction to Malware Analysis: Turn Malware Inside Out!
- Youtube: eLearnSecurity — Malware Analysis Part 1